Thursday, July 29, 2004

Eventually, I had to post a stupid quiz!

Damn Adam for ganking this internet quiz from Marvin!

What's on your bedside table?
A lamp, two alarm clocks, many half-read books, lip balm, a few pens, a journal, lip balm, a squirt bottle set on “stream” that’s supposed to be for when the cats wake me up too early, but they are so cute and fuzzy and sweet that I rarely remember to use it. This morning, Jeep woke me up by giving my boob a noogie!

What is the geekiest part of your music collection?
I’m not very ashamed of any part of my music collection. Maybe my little stack of CDs that I’m on, mostly Atlanta Symphony Orchestra Chorus with Robert Shaw conducting.

What do you eat when you raid the fridge late at night?
Usually toast or leftovers. Often yogurt with muesli.

What is your secret guaranteed weeping movie?
Um… Oh! Cinema Paradiso, especially that bit at the end when the boy is grown up and he watches all those kissing scenes that Alfredo cut for the bishop.

Do you have a completely irrational fear?
Slugs!

What is the little physical habit that gives away your insecure moment?
Knuckle-cracking, fiddling with my earlobes.

Do you ever have to beg?
Never.

Are you a pyromaniac?
Oh yes, very much so. I don’t engage in pyromania much anymore, but show me a grill and some lighter fluid! And in high school, I used to carry an aerosol can of hair spray and a lighter.

Do you have too many love interests?
No.

Do you know anyone famous?
No. Not in an Entertainment Weekly kind of way.

Describe your bed.
Queen size, good quality mattress, head board that is completely scratched up by my kitties, but I don’t mind!

Spontaneous or plan?
Planner, but I definitely have spontaneous moments, too.

Who should play you in a movie about your life?
Uh… Ellen Degeneres? But she’d have to get a little femmed up.

Do you know how to play poker?
No.

What do you carry with you at all times?
Lip balm.

How do you drive?
Faster than you. More aggressively than you. Better than you!

What do you miss most about being little?
Being able to eat lots and lots of chocolate ice cream. I wasn't lactose intolerant as a kid, and I was skinny and could eat anything!

Are you happy with your given name?
Very much so.

How much money would it take to get you to give up the Internet for one year?
As if!

What color is your bedroom?
Freakin’ off-white. I’ve been living in apartments that don’t allow me to paint for WAY too long. I can’t wait to have a room that is a color!

What was the last song you were listening to?
“California” by Gomez or something on the first Joni Mitchell album. Can’t remember which.

Have you ever been in a play?
Yes. And a few operas. And one musical.

Who are your best friends?
Aaron, Kathleen, Rebecca, Sunitha, Scott, Michelle, Nanu, Poornima, Kristin, Caitlin, Renee, Walter, David, Elena, Liz, Anne, Veronica

Have you ever been in love?
Yes. I think I’ve really been in love at least twice, maybe more.

Do you talk a lot?
HAHAHAHAHA!

Do you like yourself and believe in yourself?

Yes.

Have you ever done any illegal drugs?
Yes, but only marijuana and that’s been years ago at this point. I’m pretty straight-laced. My brain is challenging enough au naturel.

Do you think you're cute?

That seems to be the general consensus.

Do poor, homeless, or starving people sometimes annoy you?

No.

Do you consider yourself to be a nice person?
I think that people get into so much trouble trying to maintain their belief that they are a nice person. I decline to answer that from a personal perspective, although I will say that many people who know me would probably say I am.

Do you spend more time with your girlfriend, boyfriend, or your friends?
Friends.

What is your ideal marriage location?
Did it already! Callanwolde in Atlanta.

Which musical instrument do you wish you could play?
Banjo. It’s sitting right here. I got it from my friend Rebecca by karmic chance. Some day!

Favorite fabric?
Cotton.

What kind of bedding do you use?
Cotton. Flannel in the cold months.

What kind of soap do you use?
I like to switch around. Current fave is Cocoa Butter bar soap from The Body Shop.

What's the one language you want to learn?
I know some Italian, but I’d like to learn Italian really well.

How do you eat an apple?
I peel it, cut it into pieces, then eat it with a fork from a bowl!

What do you order at a bar?
Pint of Bass, B-52 on the rocks

Have you ever pierced your body parts?
Yes. My ears.

Do you have tattoos?
Yes, I have two. A ladybug on the inside of my right ankle, and a sun painted by my father on my lower back.

Would you ever admit to having done plastic surgery of any kind if confronted?
Yes. I don’t really believe in presenting a false front.

What's one of the "funniest" things you've ever done?
What comes to mind is my mother’s story of me calling, “Heeeeer, kitty, kitty.” Out the window to a passing big cat when we were at Woburn Abbey Outdoor Animal Park. I think I was about three.

Do you drive stick?
You bet I do! Using an automatic… well, that just isn’t driving.

What's one trait you hate in a person?
Insincerity. Unreliability. OK. That’s two!

What kind of watch(es) do you wear?
I just have one. It’s a silver Fossil with a blue face. Very girly with a small face.

Most frivolous purchase?
My Nikon CoolPix camera, although it has turned out to be something I used constantly, so it’s probably no longer in the frivolous category. Still, when I bought it, it was totally on a whim after I received a check for a dent in my car. I couldn’t afford the deductible, so taking the check was my only option!

Do you consider yourself materialistic?
Probably less than most Americans by a lot, but still yes. I’m much less so than I used to be.

What do you cook the best?
Italian, Southern Indian, Southern

Favorite writing instrument?
Computer keyboard, blue ball point, black micro-tip

Do you prefer to stand out or blend in?
Stand out.

Would you ever go out dressed like the opposite sex?
Sure. I’m a woman. We can wear anything without fear of being ridiculed. We have equal clothing rights! Just ask Eddie Izzard.

What's one car you will never buy?
Ugh. Those Cruiser things.

What kind of books do you like to read?
Brit chick lit, Buddhist Psychology, Harry Potter!

If you won the lottery, what would you do first?
Pay off my student loans, then take a vacation.

Burial or cremation?
Probably cremation.

How many online journals do you read regularly?
Three, but only since last week.

What's one thing you're a sore loser at?
First, I'd like to object to the use of the word "at" at the end of this sentence. I’m pretty avoidant of competition. I hate when I’m last… like when I’m out bowling or playing a board game. I don’t mind not winning. I just hate it when I’m behind everyone the entire time.

That said, I like to know what is correct when it comes to grammar. I wouldn't say I'm a sort loser, but if I'm told I'm wrong, I'm going to look it up. I blame my mother for this! See the beginning of the last paragraph.

If you don't like a person, how do you show it?
Disengagement.

Do you cry in front of friends?
Yes.

What kind of first impression do you think you give to people?
I’ve been told I come across as really confident.

What's one thing you like to do alone?
Cook. Look at decorating books. Read cookbooks and trashy magazines.

What's the worst thing you ever said to someone?
I rarely say things I later regret. “It’s a fucking drawer” is the only thing I said recently that I later regretted.

When's the last time you cried?
I honestly don’t remember. It’s been a while. I do cry sometimes. I just haven’t recently.

Favorite communication method?
Oh man. That’s hard. Communication is my bag, baby. I really like face-to-face talking, but instant messaging is really good, too, especially with webcam. Text messaging is fun.

What is one thing you don't leave home without?
Lip balm. Didn’t we do this one already?

What's the most painful experience you've ever had?
My marriage ending. No question.

Can you type with your eyes closed?
I’m trying now. Does it look right?

Can you ski?
I tried once and ended up with my leg in an immobilizer. I’m really not very interested in trying again.

Can you speak in sign language?
Only some of the letters.

Can you do the butterfly stroke?
No.

Can you say the alphabet backwards effortlessly?
Oh, it takes effort.

Can you tie a knot in a cherry stem with your tongue?
With enough time.

Can you run a mile in under ten minutes?
In a row? Probably not.

Can you stand the sight of blood?
Yeah.

Can you read palms or tarot cards?
Tarot, but I’m slow.

Can you admit it when you're wrong?
Yes.

Can you ask for help when you need it?
Yes. I’m good at that.

Can you tie a necktie?
Yes.

Can you successfully pierce someone's ear?
Never tried, but I bet I could!

Can you play soccer?
Not really.

Can you sing?
Yes!

Can you name three kinds of clouds?
Yes.

Can you make a joke out of anything?
Probably, but I don’t.

Can you perform CPR on another human?
I could probably remember in a pinch.

Do you know what CPR stands for?
Sometimes.

Can you read minds?
No.

Can you write better poetry than Shakespeare?
No.

Can you speak more than one language?
Not fluently.

Do you know karate?
No, but I know karaoke!

Can you freestyle?
Which kind? Maybe.