Sunday, August 15, 2004

Why I Don't Want to Be Here in the Library

  1. I'm practically brain dead from lack of sleep, yet I have the goal of four more hours of work on my dissertation before I move.
  2. I forgot one of the cables I need to plug in my external hard drive, so all that preparation I did to be able to back up data before I leave was all for naught.
  3. Did I mention I was brain dead?
  4. I'm so tired, I don't even really remember what I'm working on.
  5. I need a nap.
  6. It's way funner when I'm with the cats.
  7. Libraries are for chumps.



  8. Addendum after half an hour:

  9. The guy next to me is drumming on the desk, and I'm starting to loathe him. Staying here may lead to violence, an arrest, and an inability to move on time.
  10. I've been here for an hour and a half and have done no work. Instead I
    • researched and ordered a telephone since the one I have is a decade old and sounds like Darth Vadar,
    • edited my blog template to fix the picture that wasn't showing, and
    • responded to an e-mail from my old friend Molly. (She's not old. The friendship is!).
  11. I finally went into my bag to get out all the writing I did at the bookstore the other day, only to find that it is actually not in my bag at all, but still sitting on the floor by my computer at home.