Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Calgon, Take Me Away... to Paris!

With the dissertation turned in, there's still lots to do, and yet, somehow I just can't find the energy to do much of anything. I have the whole afternoon free today. It's the place in my schedule that says "Dissertation Time." I have lots of letters to send out regarding jobs, calls to make, a report to write, and lots of household chores that need doing, and I'm all kinds of stuck.

Whether you call it post-event blues, low-grade dysthymia, Seasonal Affective Disorder, the February Blah's... whatever it is, I have it. It's not even emotional sadness. I just feel all BLAH and don't really wanna do much of anything, and yet... I'm kind of bored.

I just spent way too much time attempting to work out why my PDA isn't syncing correctly. Hell, it's busted. And why isn't Winamp working? At least I got the virus off my machine. That's a start. The plan now is to e-mail some letters then to take out the trash. After that, maybe dishes. There's a yoga class at 5pm. I wonder if I can drag my sorry ass there. It'd probably do me the world of good. Anyone have a sun-lamp I can borrow? I need me some full-spectrum shit to get my ass a'MOVING!

When it comes down to it, I'd much rather be in Paris.



Snowing in Paris!