Tuesday, February 01, 2005

So You Got Caught With A Flat...

Well... how 'bout that! So Aaron made the very foolish decision to try and leave Memphis today. I don't know WHAT he was thinking. Around mile 35, his tire blew out. I took a quick shower and drove out to get him. We waited for the tow truck, then followed him to the Mini Cooper dealer in Cordova. Smart me, I grabbed the laptop on the way out and looked up free WiFi locations near the dealership. After the dealership, we went for Thai food. Now we're in the San Francisco Bread Company (It amuses me how "Francisco" is now code for WiFi, at least in Memphis). We have the place almost to ourselves, free WiFi, Ella on the stereo, a large coffee table and two sofas to ourselves. And I had dissertation time scheduled for today until 3pm. Then my 3 o'clock cancelled. For a pain in the ass situation, this isn't half bad!